Josh Yohe's post on Hockey | Latest updates on Sulia
If there is no hockey, we'll all miss these 10 things...
1. Saying goodbye to the great Teemu Selanne
2. Missing out on Sidney Crosby at age 25, in the very center of his prime, finally healthy and more motivated than ever
3. Missing out on Alex Ovechkin in what is, in my opinion, his career-defining season
4. Missing out on Nail Yakupov. I have seen him play in person. He's special.
5. Seeing the Kings try to defend their title. They were great last year. What do they have for an encore?
6. Seeing Bettman hand the Cup to a captain - no matter which one - and watching how uncomfortable he looks around hockey players who truly do hate him
7. Iron Mike Therrien behind the Montreal bench at Consol Energy Center. I, for one, can't wait.
8. Penguins vs. Flyers in the playoffs, the encore. This has to happen, and it likely would at some point.
9. Saturday night hockey in Pittsburgh. Oh, nevermind. None of those were scheduled this season.
10. The playoffs...if you're a hockey fan, it's your favorite time of year. Spring without no playoffs? No thanks.