Rob Pegoraro's post | Latest updates on Sulia
First impressions of Facebook's Graph Search: what, no dirt about my friends?
Facebook's Graph Search got turned on in my account earlier today. My thoughts so far:
* Its rearrangement of the toolbar buttons atop Facebook's page has me briefly confused.
* You can't type a query and hit Enter; instead, you must wait a moment for Facebook to suggest matching searches.
* It does work for travel advice.
* "Friends of my friends" lookups could be handy for journalists.
* It's syntax-driven. "Restaurants my friends like in Barcelona" worked; "Barcelona restaurants my friends like" did not.
* It's brand-name-centric. "Friends who like bourbon" yielded suggestions for specific distilleries and establishments.
* It teaches you who's filled out their profile: searches for music are dominated by my brother's picks.
* Maybe I'm not trying enough, but I haven't found any weird combinations of interests among my friends.