Rob Pegoraro's post | Latest updates on Sulia
Google update: Never mind, we're not really killing CalDAV support, even if it looked just like that.
The "spring cleaning" post in which Google killed off Google Reader also seemed to announce the end of its support for the open CalDAV calendar-sync standard it had endorsed publicly only months ago. (http://www.zdnet.com/google-do-what-you-want-with-reader-but-dont-kill-caldav-7000012628/)
Earlier today, the company updated the post (http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-second-spring-of-cleaning.html) to clarify that developers of the apps behind "98 percent of our current CalDAV traffic" will keep their CalDAV access. I asked Google; this includes Apple, Microsoft and Mozilla, and the whitelisting step mentioned in the post should not be hard for the other 2 percent.
Okay, then. Would it have been that hard to spell this out upfront?