Rob Pegoraro's post | Latest updates on Sulia
What bugs you about two-step verification: creating per-app passwords, getting SMS abroad, offline access, lag time
A days ago, I asked what had bothered you about the more secure two-step verification login options offered by Google, Yahoo, Apple and other Web firms. (http://sulia.com/robpegoraro/f/30c714c6-b48b-422a-91ef-51ec9178c817/) Here's a summary of your answers--all on Twitter and Facebook, not here:
* nuisance factor of creating single-use passwords for Google apps and services that don't accept Google Authenticator codes
* having to enter a code every time Google Chrome syncs at work and home (that's not supposed to happen so often)
* high cost of receiving a text with a code abroad
* forgetting to write down an offline code for overseas use
* just the extra time it takes (although this last person allowed that he might wear "I'd perhaps go for a number generator wristband if it would work across all my sites and gadgets."