Rob Pegoraro's post | Latest updates on Sulia
10 real-world, non-data-geek examples of what "OpenGov" data can do for you.
Reuters social-media editor Anthony De Rosa has been asking on Twitter for "examples of how OpenGov impacts average people."
Here you go!
* Transit directions in Google Maps: google.com/transit
* Restaurant health-inspection scores in Yelp: officialblog.yelp.com/2013/01/introducing-lives.html
* Find a bike-friendly neighborhood: walkscore.com/bike-score-methodology.shtml
* Track your kid's school bus: schoolbus.bostonpublicschools.org/welcome
* 311 "fix this!" calls mapped in NYC: wired.com/magazine/2010/11/ff_311_new_york
* What flights are on time? flyontime.us
* Where can you buy food with a SNAP card? snapfresh.org
* Rank nearby hospitals: medicare.gov/hospitalcompare
* Which Chicago streets have seen a city snowplow? clearstreets.org
* Map D.C. crime trends: sarahkhank.com/crime_map.htm